Monday, June 1, 2015

Michelle Grodsky Runs for Re-election

The following information was submitted by Michelle Grodsky- a candidate for re-election to the Longmeadow School Committee on Tuesday, June 9.
________________________________________________


I would like to formally announce my campaign for re-election to the Longmeadow School Committee.  Throughout my current term, I have worked hard to ensure fairness, thoughtfulness, and transparency were part of every discussion, every process, and every decision.   I believe every parent and every child should have a voice in our decisions, and have used my position as a School Committee member to represent them when they are unable to speak themselves. 

I have been a part of many decisions this past year, and have always stressed the need for long-term planning and collaboration.  Longmeadow faces many fiscal decisions in the near future.  I believe our town’s elected officials and leaders need to work together to discuss these upcoming plans as a team so that we can move forward in a way that represents the best interests of everyone in our community.

Throughout my adult life, I have dedicated my professional and personal time to education.  I believe in the value, strength, and potential of the public school system.  Most importantly, I understand the complexity involved in making the right decisions for the entire student body and community at-large.  With an open-mind, I will continue to work hard to analyze the facts on all sides of an argument in order to see through emotion and make the best choices for everyone.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME

I have lived in Longmeadow for most of my life.  I attended three of our schools, was a varsity athlete, and worked for our Parks and Recreation Department.  I have a passion for our community and a strong devotion to the Longmeadow Public Schools.

Perhaps more importantly, I am a former educator with a Masters in Elementary Education, and a B.A. in Elementary Education and Economics.  As an educator, I creatively integrated mandates similar to The Common Core and PAARC testing, WITHOUT compromising the integrity of my curriculum and the needs of the students within my individual classroom.  It was a priority for me to achieve excellence and growth from every student, at every level in my classroom.  I will continue to use this background, my observations as a mother, and my recent experience on the School Committee to help ensure this for all students, teachers and parents in the Longmeadow Public Schools. 

I see my role as a School Committee member to be similar to that of a mother – the students are my children, the district is my family.  Every decision I make, I look to protect the best interests of the children and families of this community. 

So please spread the word...join me on June 9th...vote for the excellence and change that every child deserves. Our town deserves the best, our families deserve the best, and our children deserve the best.

Michelle Carrazza Grodsky for Longmeadow School Committee

No comments: