Thursday, May 11, 2023

Why I am running for School Committee as a Write-in Candidate

This letter was submitted to LongmeadowBuzz by Adam Rosenblum- a write-in candidate for the Longmeadow School Committee. 

---------------------------------------------- 


My name is Adam Rosenblum, D.O. I am a write-in candidate this June 13th for the Longmeadow School Committee. I am excited to run for the post on behalf of my two children, who will soon enter the Longmeadow School District, with the goal of fostering an even stronger educational community in Longmeadow. I hope my voice on the committee will ensure our exceptional schools will continue to flourish as they support Longmeadow families. 

My community service with the Longmeadow COVID Vaccine Clinic and Little League has allowed me to meet so many neighbors, leaving me inspired. We have the overwhelming potential to furnish our children with the tools not only to thrive but to shape our society. While I am a physician by training, I began my career as a public school science teacher and afterward continued to teach at the college and graduate levels. 

My comprehensive experience in education will be an asset to solving issues facing Longmeadow Public Schools. I grew up in Western Michigan and was fortunate to gain my secondary education in schools of similar quality to Longmeadow. I have seen the dedication required by individuals to maintain and improve such outstanding schools. Support for the teachers and staff that make these incredible opportunities possible must be steadfast and frequently reinvigorated. I will stand by our teachers and staff, working tirelessly to realize the promise that education can fulfill in Longmeadow. 

When the voters cast their ballots on June 13th, they should have a choice of candidates. This is an opportunity to bring in a new voice with a positive attitude, the essential experience, and the community dedication to meet the responsibilities of this noble committee. I’m thrilled to see what we can accomplish working together for Longmeadow!

Check out my Adam Rosenblum for Longmeadow School Committee FB page for more information.

Adam Rosenblum, D.O.

No comments: