Thursday, June 9, 2022

Elect Scott Bombardier for Longmeadow School Committee

Scott Bombardier submitted this letter to the LongmeadowBuzz about his candidacy for a seat on the Longmeadow School Committee.

___________________________________________


My background in education began over 20 years ago when I had the pleasure of teaching music to elementary age students.  That grew to working with children of all ages, including instructing a high school music program and coaching a high school varsity track team.  This past winter, I began coaching one of our in-town third and fourth grade girls basketball teams. 

Professionally, I have over 15 years of business and leadership experience.  As a district sales leader for PepsiCo, I lead a diverse group of individuals and maintain positive working relationships with our clients.  One of my greatest strengths is listening and working with people that have differing opinions and views. 

In addition to my professional experience and my experiences working with children, I am also married to a Longmeadow educator.  This has given me a much greater understanding of curriculum, policy, and the day to day roles of our educators. 

Lastly, I’m a proud parent of two LPS students.  My daughter Adysson is heading to LHS in the fall and my daughter Tessa is wrapping up her 3rd grade year at Center. 

All of these experiences have inspired me to run for a seat on the Longmeadow School Committee.  I am uniquely qualified, and feel strongly that in order to effectively take on this role, it is important to make sure all opinions are heard and considered in order to make informed decisions regarding our schools. 

Please consider voting for me, Scott Bombardier
for Longmeadow School Committee on June 14th.
 

Scott Bombardier 

No comments: