Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Why I'm running for School Committee- Carissa Rosenblum

This letter was submitted to LongmeadowBuzz by Carissa Rosenblum- a candidate for Longmeadow School Committee. 

My name is Carissa Rosenblum, and I wanted to take a moment to explain why I am running for Longmeadow School Committee. Blending ten years of a diverse, education-focused pedigree has prepared me to speak to the issues from multiple viewpoints: as a classroom teacher, an educational coach, a college instructor, a statewide curriculum and instruction consultant, and most importantly as a parent. I have worked with a diverse set of schools in some of the poorest and some of the most affluent, high-achieving regions of our country. My comprehensive experience in education will be an asset to solving the issues facing Longmeadow Public Schools.

During this campaign, I’ve been fortunate enough to speak with many families who have children attending our schools and have been made aware of some of the issues we are facing. As a proactive problem solver, I’m excited to address the challenges and partner with the community to come up with long term solutions that will ultimately benefit everyone.

If not apparent, I have a deep passion for education. I earned my bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees all in the field, and I love working with students, teachers, and administrators to ensure that students are exposed to the best educational opportunities possible. I have two young children who will attend the public schools here–for them, and the rest of the children in Longmeadow, I will work to make sure the educational opportunities here are positive and memorable experiences.

When the voters cast their ballots on June 14th, they will have the opportunity to bring in a new voice with the training, experience, and a unique position to address our issues. I’m excited at the chance to get to work for Longmeadow!

Carissa Rosenblum

No comments: